HOW DO I INSTALL BZAS/HOSTFRONT SERVER VERSION 5.2?
January 7, 2010
With the new release version 5.2 of BlueZone Access Server & HostFront Server, Seagull Software had introduced significant improvements and enhancements:
Windows 2008 support (32 bit, with IIS 6 component installed)
Resolve PDF printing issue in Windows 7 with PDF Creator version 0.9.6
Allow standard user to install Display and Printer Arabic fonts on Windows 7
3270 / 5250 service auto start problem in case the MSDE or SQL Server are installed on the same HF/BZ Server
Pool Manager Email Notification when the LU hangs or fails to start
Change Default value from 250 to 0 “Type-ahead keys” (Keyboard Mode) in Session properties
Show Ruler Lines with the Short cut Key (Shift + Home)
Add the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express with SQL express Edition
New license support up to 2500 concurrent sessions on a Single Server
Multiple File Transfer option in 3270 Display ActiveX
Reset key issue reported in 3270 Display ActiveX
Encrypt ID and PW in Pool Manager Configuration File
- We recommend performing the installation on a Staging or Test environment prior to the actual installation on the Production server environment.
- We recommend installing Microsoft SQL Server in separate servers with clustered setup.
- Version 5.2 of BlueZone Access Server & HostFront Server is compatible only with 32 bit operating system of Windows 2008 Server.
- Version 5.2 of BlueZone Access Server & HostFront Server is compatible with IIS7 using IIS6 compatibility components.
Steps to install IIS7 components for HostFront Server / BlueZone Access Server
Add Web server (IIS) role with the following services as show in the image below.
Steps to install BlueZone Access Server
1. Execute the setup file and click “Next”
2. Select “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and click “Next”
3. If you want to install Microsoft SQL Server on the same machine then select “Install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition” or else select “Do not install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition” and click “Next” (We recommend separate SQL Server for better performance)
4. Click “Next”
5. Click “Next”
6. Click “Next”
7. Click “Next”
8. Select the website listed by the Microsoft IIS Server and Click “Next”
9. Select Cluster Server type, and Click “Next”
10. Choose the appropriate host type services and Click “Next”
11. For 5250 Check “Use persistent connection” and Click “Next”
12. For 3270 Check “Use persistent connection” and Click “Next”
13. Click “Next”
14. Choose “Automatic” to start service in startup and Click “Next”
15. Click “Install”
16. Once the installation is complete click “Finish”
Steps to configure BlueZone Access Server
Once you click finish in the installation wizard, it will open “Quick Configuration Wizard”. Follow the steps below.
1. Click “Next”
2. Select “Create a cluster” and click “Next”
3. Enter the correct information in all the field and Click “Create”
4. Note down the username, password and click “OK”
5. Enter License Key, Host Name or IP address (AS/400 or Mainframe), Server (BZAS Server name or IP address) and Port and Click “Next”
6. Click “OK”
7. Click “OK”
8. Click “Finish”
When you click finish, it will start all the services in Host Access Manager and launch Internet explorer.
Follow the instruction to install Display ActiveX and login
You have successfully installed version of BlueZone Access Server version 5.2. You may proceed by the user connectivity to the host systems (iSeries, xSeries) application for Display, Printer or File Transfer sessions.
The information in this article applies to all listed Servers including Demo and Setup versions:
– BlueZone Access Server Ver. 5.2
– HostFront Server Ver. 5.2