HOW TO ENABLE THE ADMINISTRATOR ACTIVITY LOG IN HAM AND EXPORT IT TO CSV FILE FORMAT?
August 12, 2010
Seagull Software has introduced a new feature in its new release version 5.0 of BZAS/HostFront Server for the administrator activity logging. You can enable the logging and the ability to export the activities to a CSV file format.
The Administrator Activity Log will allow you to view the activities of all HAM administrators (or group administrator) for a specific time period and export the information to a CSV file.
Steps to Enable Administrator Logging
1. From the Host Access Manager console, right click on the cluster database and select the “Properties”
2. From the Cluster Properties, select the Logging tab and select to enable “Administrators’ activities” logging.
Steps to Export the Administrator Activity Log to a CSV file
1. From Host Access Manager Console, select Tools then select the “Administrator Activity Log” to schedule the logging.
2. From the “Administrator Activities” log window, you can select the Start Date and End Date through drop-down menus for the desired log to start and end.
3. Click on the “Show Range” to display the information. As it is shown for one day example.
4. Click on the “Export to File” to create a Comma Separated Values (CSV) file. This opens a standard file.
5. Save the Administrator Activities Log exported file in the desired location.
The information in this article applies to all listed Servers including Demo and Setup versions:
– BlueZone Access Server Ver. 5 and higher
– HostFront Server Ver. 5 and higher